Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

By: Kufere Laing

Ok, this is more of a traditional type of blog post, only because I want to get some things in that refer back to my other posts.

1) The Cause- If 48 points on 15 of 21 shooting with 12 assists 5 threes and the game winner and then following that up with 32 points and 7 assists against the defending champs doesn't say MVP then stop reading this blog (kidding, 100% kidding, in fact if that doesn't say MVP to you then comment, allow me to destroy you in the debate, then refer all of your friends to this blog). Also, I was reading something on espn.com by a sports writer who I refuse to name. Basically, he took all of my flavor, he called the Cleveland Cavaliers the LeBron's, which means I now have to start calling them the Witnesses (thats actually a good name, they only watch what LeBron does and according to a good source of mine "we are all witnesses") and he is now a supporter of The Cause. Next time he writes an article I'd prefer that he either: 1) puts me in his next mailbag, 2) gives a link to Garbage Time, 3) just copies and pastes my article, or 4) shout me out.

2)The Team of Destiny- For a second it looked like we had a legit team of destiny in the DePaul Blue Demons. After starting the Big East off 0-18, they got to the conference tourney with hopes of making it to the Dance, "we're going to shock the world and come out number 1" said junior Guard Will Walker (ok I made that up). Still, they got my hopes up by knocking off Cincy in the first round (and killing their NCAA tourney hopes) and then got my hopes up by having the audacity to have a lead in the 2nd half against Providence. So now I'm predicting the Robert Morris Colonials will knock off Pitt in the 1st round of the NCAA tourney (yes, I've seen the bracket) and go to the Final Four George Mason style. Don't let us down Robert Morris!

With that, you are now updated. Coming Sunday or early next week--NCAA tourney preview!! Also, send questions to garbagetime3@gmail.com if we get enough there will be a mail bag where all questions are answered. Ask about anything! Lastly, refer a friend to Garbage Time, ask a question, or put Garbage Time in your facebook status and you get to become an officer in the facebook group!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment