Friday, June 12, 2009

Game 7: 3rd Period

by Pat Hunley

----

10:02 - Sidney Crosby has returned!!!!!

10:05 - Detroit looking pretty good right now; I'm not liking this...

10:06 - Great, just great. C'mon Pens, kill another penalty. Please?!

10:08 - Wow, how are the Penguins still up by two? Nice job Fleury.

10:09 - Ah, Detroit's fans are starting to boo. Nice penalty kill guys.

10:10 - Could the Penguins please get some shots on goal? If Detroit plays offense the entire period they're going to tie the game.

10:12 - Looks like Crosby is only on the bench for moral support. He hasn't played yet.

10:14 - Finally, some signs that the Penguins aren't content with playing defense the entire period.

10:17 - I'm 100 percent certain this diary has gotten more homerish as the game has progressed, but I don't really care at this point. The Stanley Cup is within Pittsburgh's grasp.

10:21 - This is the most stressful two-goal lead ever.

10:22 - That was their chance to end it! Crap, too hard a pass.

10:23 - OINAWDOIFBIOPABFIUBSDJLKBADFILJGBAFO;GBALDFISJBGLIAFSGHAIOU

10:23 - See what happens when you play defense for 14+ minutes? Eventually the other team scores.

10:26 - Almost Evgeni, almost.

10:27 - "10:10 - Could the Penguins please get some shots on goal? If Detroit plays offense the entire period they're going to tie the game." Zero shots, and Detroit is one goal away from tying. I hope I'm not right...

10:30 - He hit the crossbar, oh my God he hit the crossbar.

10:31 - I think my heart almost stopped when that puck hit the crossbar.

10:32 - These next 77 seconds could be the most stressful of my life.

10:34 - Oh please just score empty net and end it. I can't take this anymore.

10:35 - I'm done until the end of regulation/the game. Can't do this.

10:37 - WEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!

1 comment:

  1. Great posts, Pat. I can't believe I didn't read these during the game... Oh wait, I was too busy holding my breathe for 60 minutes. Quality commentary, though. Props where props are due.

    ReplyDelete